Used Welch Allyn Suresight Autorefractor
Factory checked on May 06th 2020
Vision disorders are one of the most prevalent health problems children have, and in pre-schoolers, the majority are undetected. Left untreated, these disorders often lead to amblyopia ("lazy eye") -- the leading cause of monocular blindness in North Americans under 70. That's why Welch Allyn created SureSight™, the first objective, accurate vision test that ensures reliable early detection of refractive error, the primary vision disorder in children.
• Operates at a non-threatening 14-inch (35 cm) distance.
• Five-second, automatic test addresses compliance problems and makes testing easier.
• Requires minimal cooperation, making it ideal for use on young children, the disabled, and when there is a language barrier.
• Lights and sounds engage the patient's attention.
• Automatically measures and indicates abnormal readings - no provider interpretation is required.
• Screens for common vision problems, including near- and farsightedness (myopia/hyperopia), astigmatism (asymmetrical focus), and anisometropia (unequal power between eyes).
SureSight Vision Screener, Only
Data Acquisition Time: 2.4 s/eye
Data Acquisition: Measures and averages 5 to 8 readings/eye
Weight: 2.0 lbs (0.9 Kg)
Working Distance: 14 inches (35 cm)
Battery Life: More than 3 hours of continuous usage
Low-battery Indicator: Indicates ~ 15 minutes usage remains
Technology: Welch Allyn proprietary autorefractor hardware/algorithm
Remote infrared link to thermal printer. RS-232 interface for IBM-compatible PC for future software upgrades/data transfer to electronic medical records.